I've mentioned before that I'm a huge fan of glass, so much so that 7 years ago I enrolled in a glassblowing class at Urban Glass in Brooklyn. Unfortunately I never really got the hang of it - trust me, it's harder than it looks- and all I was left with, after months of practice and hard work, was a few sad looking vessels that have almost no practical functionality.
Thankfully, there are some really talented glassblowers and glass makers out there. Here's a round up of my favorites, some old and some new.
1. Matterhorn Glasses by Tale Design via Cool Material
2. Table by Glas Italia via Trendland
3. GlassMount for Bomma by Arik Levy
4. Tapio Wirkkala for Venini
5. Iittala Ruutu Vase by Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec via Designythings
6. Vaso-Sake Set by Sempli
7. Sini Rame Nesting Bowls by Sempli
8. Lighting by Niche Modern (PS: Factory Sale this Saturday in Beacon, NY)
9. Luxe Carafe Set by Niche Modern
10. Hazy Days by Marset
11. Laguna Glassware by Attico
12. Water Pitcher Block by Antonio Arico via Design Milk
Thank you to Carly of DLD PR for assisting with this collage. Please note that Sempli, Niche Modern and Marset are clients of my firm, but this is not a sponsored post and the recommendations are my own.