The best gifts are those that are personal and purchased with the recipient in mind, but I think this round-up has universal appeal and would be appreciated by any mother next Sunday (ahem, that's a reminder for my husband - and kids - who might pop on here from time to time!). Of course the gifts of love, patience, sleep, laughter and understanding should be given too...
Thank you to all the mothers who care, heal, nurture, teach, encourage and inspire us each and every day!
2. Anything from the Chocolate Lab on Colfax.
3. I'm having a mild obsession with Callahan Ceramics right now!
4. A membership or day pass to the Denver Botanic Gardens. Stroll around and take in the flowers, the pixelated sculptures by Mike Whiting, and the art by Jason DeMarte!
5. Farm Girl Flowers for the ranunculus-enthusiast (hint, hint).
6. A beautiful cushion by Edie Ure, the Boulder-based natural-dye (plant) textile and fabric star (who is also a dear friend!) . Edie hosts classes from time-to-time, so grab a coveted spot the next time one is offered.
7. The gift of craft and experience over at Fancy Tiger.
8. Wallpaper, quite possibly the best gift ever :) Willie Weston is shown here. Email us for an appointment and we'll show you what we've got!
9. Sterling-silver watermelon tourmaline earrings, or anything, from Bird Brooklyn!
10. A beautifully crafted clutch from Denver-based, Animal Handmade.
11. Send a COLORADO CRAFTED customized box filled with all sorts of locally-made products. They've got everything from lotions, chocolates, caramels, jams, totes, etc. Of course the WallTawk box is our personal favorite and 10% of all sales will be donated to local charities such as Project Worthmore, Project Angel Heart, and the Gathering Place to name a few!
12. Shesh-Besh, backgammon...whatever you call it, it's a fun game. We love this board by Wolfum.
13. Gift the mom in your life a card to a local bookshop, and then give her some time to read!
14. One of these stunning new ceramics by Cara Taylor.
15. A pollinator push garden from Modern Sprout will give her blooms all summer long! And it will help bees & butterflies, too. Win-win!
16. Can you imagine juggling the responsibilities of motherhood, while simultaneously dealing with the impacts of war, poverty, or food insecurity? I can't. The IRC, which was founded by a famous refugee named Albert Einstein, will be working with mothers directly. They have several RESCUE GIFTS , including Care for Mom and Baby and 3 Newborn Baby Kits. You can also send young girls to school for a year. Find an option that resonates with your mother and donate in her name. Believe me, she'll appreciate it.
Happy Mother's Day!